Presenter: Doreen Lurie
Compensation Practices that Ensure Your Organization Achieves and Maintains Pay Equity
Did you, or were you, required to use the proxy method to comply with the Ontario Pay Equity Act?
Many employers are unaware that if their compensation practices are not compliant with the legislation they are at risk of being ordered by the Commission to comply, which could possibly involve considerable retroactive payments to employees and former employees with a huge liability to the employer, regardless whether they receive government funding for pay equity or not.
Participants received advice, guidance regarding their organization’s specific proxy issues from our professional at no charge and in confidence.
Benefits for Participants
– Gain an understanding of the proxy method of comparison for pay equity
– Stay up-to-date with recent case law and trends in proxy pay equity claims
– Get expert advice from a former Senior Review Officer with the Ontario Pay Equity Commission
– Receive guidance specific to your organization’s situation
Who Should Attend?
This seminar is designed for Ontario public sector human resource professionals, CFOs, accountants, controllers, managers, and lawyers who require information on the proxy* comparison method for pay equity.
* – Proxy is a method of comparison that allows you to achieve pay equity by borrowing job and salary information from another public sector organization to complete pay equity comparisons.